When you have been devastated by the loss of a spouse or close family member, nothing can make you "whole." However, if your loved one died in a tragic accident caused by the negligence of someone else, you are entitled to file a wrongful death lawsuit to recover compensation for your losses.
Free Consultation • No Attorneys' Fees Unless You Win • Cleveland Wrongful Death Lawyers Serving Northeast Ohio
Have you lost a loved one in a fatal accident? Contact our offices in Beachwood, Cleveland, Twinsburg, Mentor, Russell, Independence or Westlake to arrange a free consultation. We handle all wrongful death claims on a contingency basis.
Westlake Fatal Accident Lawyers
Upon losing a spouse, parent, or child, under Ohio law, survivors may be entitled to damages, including:
- Loss of care, companionship, consortium and support
- Loss of income and health care benefits
- Funeral and burial expenses
- Medical expenses
- Other related damages
- Punitive damages
Fatal accidents occur in situations where negligence or recklessness puts another person in danger. Wrongful death lawsuits may arise out of:
- Nursing home-related falls caused by nursing home negligence. Injury to nursing home residents may occur due to inadequate supervision or safety measures, negligent hiring procedures, poorly trained staff, and improper administration of drugs or medical treatment.
- Car accidents, truck accidents, and motorcycle accidents
- Railroad crossing negligence
- Dog bites or other animal attacks
- Medical malpractice such as improperly prescribed medication, surgical error or other mistakes made during the course of medical treatment or health care
- Work accidents, leading to potential workers' compensation death claims
No matter what the circumstances in which your loved one was killed, our experienced personal injury lawyers will assist you in recovering the compensation you need to move forward.
Beachwood, Ohio, Loss of a Loved One Law Firm
Have you lost a loved one in a fatal accident? Contact the Westlake attorneys at The Gundy Law Firm. We can provide comfortable, responsible and personalized service during this difficult time.